Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Catching Up... Ornament Swap, 2012

One of my favorite things about every Christmas holiday season is the annual ornament swap that my knitting group does. I've participated since my first Christmas as a member String Thing, and over the years have amassed quite a collection of beautiful, handmade ornaments for our Christmas tree.

In our swap, we usually each make five ornaments, and we each receive five ornaments to take home. Since more than 5 people are swapping, you don't get every ornament, so I love to take photos of the display table so I can remember the ornaments that go home with others.

String Thing Ornament Swap, 2012 String Thing Ornament Swap, 2012 String Thing Ornament Swap, 2012 String Thing Ornament Swap, 2012 String Thing Ornament Swap, 2012

Mine are the string ornaments in the bottom photo. I used the instructions from this tutorial to make them, except no bells. Next year I have to remember to start on ornaments waaaay earlier. I always am unhappy with my first batch and then have to rush to do a second!

Many thanks to the ├╝ber-creative Cocoaeyesthestitcher for being our organizer and motivator. She also did a lovely round up of this years' ornaments with way awesome-r photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment