Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Sometimes, I knit

My knitting mojo has been crappy in 2009. Oh yes, I've been knitting for sure, but every project is either not working out, or going painfully slow (hello Riding to Avalon [Ravelry link]), or riddled with mindless knitting mistakes. I haven't finished one project yet. Not one, son.

I've been working on a baby gift, and whizzing right along, until I looked back, and realized I had missed a a few rows of garter stitch along the button band, very noticable. $#&^%&%%! I sure as heck did not intend to frog back that far when things were finally moving along, and especially with a lace pattern. I decided to tackle dropping the stitches and weaving them back up in the correct order.

Fixing Garter Stitch
I actually had to work my head around how to do this for garter stitch (I've done it countless times for stockinette). And lo, it is simple: Just alternate between inserting the crochet hook from the front and the back (I turned my work for each row) to alternate purl and knit stitches. That might be obvious to some, but I had to Google to double check...
Fixing Garter Stitch
Wow, it worked!
Bonus round: Can you tell what I'm knitting? I bet you can!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you got it fixed without the frog :-) I definitely get stuck in those periods too, but they pass. And yours will too! Sending good cosmic knitting karma your way

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love picking up dropped stitches, but garter stitch always annoys me!! EZ baby, all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the fix worked without frogging! The sweater looks super cute. Good luck retrieving the mojo.

    ReplyDelete