Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Catching up

Some photos of my finished February Lady Sweater, which I finished for the 2008 Ravelympics, posted about briefly here.

February Lady Sweater
I'm not the best lace knitter, but this 4 row repeat was manageable, and even a bit forgiving for some occasional missed YOs.

February Lady Sweater
The buttons I bought a few years ago from M&J, which I bought to replace some buttons on a purple fun-fur winter coat that for some reason I used to think was cool. I donated the coat but kept the buttons, cuz let me tell you, those things were PRICEY.
February Lady Sweater
I have to say, I think this sweater can do no wrong. It's flattering on everyone and easy to dress up or down. Custom fitting? Totally not necessary with this one. I'm thinking it might be nice to have another of the same in black or grey.

Details:
Pattern: February Lady Sweater (adapted from Elizabeth Zimmerman by Flint Knits)
Yarn: Misti International Pima Cotton/Silk in Dark Burgundy (4 skeins)
Started: 8/8/08
Finished: 8/23/08

10 comments:

  1. Hi, I know I keep commenting on this sweater (because I have the same yarn in khaki and don't know what to do with it)--have you found that it stretches out? I have heard rumors on ravelry of sagging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Love the color too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sweater looks great! This is a pattern that I'm hoping to get to at some point this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo pretty! You made a great colour choice.

    - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! And you're right, this is a perfect addition to any wardrobe. I love the texture and the 3/4 sleeves. I think it'd look killer over a pair of grey skinny jeans for a night out. Well done lady!
    If you do make another, I think it'd look amazing in grey with antique brass buttons.
    But really, I love the purple best, because it's a show piece, and you want that splash of color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, it looks great! The buttons are fabulous -- good thing you kept them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful!!! Love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there,
    found you via ravelry. What a nice color!!!... mine is still queued...

    Greetings to brightleave, ninth street and falls lake...

    Kerstin from Weinheim/Germany

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Kerstin. My Ravelry queue is HUGE! I'll never catch up with it :) I'm looking forward to seeing your Lady Sweater!

    ReplyDelete