Thursday, October 16, 2008

hiatus


Hello kids! Nothing new here on the knitting front, but that's because I've been way too busy getting ready to move. That's right, I'm leaving the big bad city to return to my home state of North Carolina.

See, when my roommates decided to give up our Brooklyn apartment, the thought of finding yet another temporary living situation here was rather unappealing. I've been batting around the idea of returning to NC for quite a long while, and things just seemed to fall into place for it to happen now. It just feels like the right time. My company has even allowed me to keep my job and telecommute! How awesome is that?!

Anyways, I'm still trying to keep up with my blog reading, but I'm behind on commenting and responding to emails. Please forgive me. I hope to be back and on the bandwagon in just a couple of weeks.

'Till then!

15 comments:

  1. Best of luck with your move -- I look forward to seeing new posts once you've settled-in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! good luck on your move!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your move! (I have the political bug and confess to being a wee bit jealous that you'll be in a swing state)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great! Good luck with the move.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, your company will let you telecommute from NC? That's excellent! May I ask who you work for? Just curious.

    Good luck with the move. I know it can be a pain sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the move! Can't wait to read your North Carolina/new home posts. Moving from one place to the next always inspires and opens up the senses, always a real energizing time. Have fun with it (despite all the boxes, cleaning up, etc.)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your move goes smoothly! I look forward to hearing all about your wooly adventures in NC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. good luck on the move! That's huge--when I left the city it was really emotional for me...but I felt a little conflicted. Sounds like you have a great situation with getting to keep your job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best wishes to you and safe travels; it's got to be tough to say good-bye to the city.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope your move is going well! So sorry we never got to meet up in NYC...show us what you're knitting soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Monica- just crawled out of my hiatus to see this! We could've been roomies in nyc, but NC sounds like the right thing for you. I hope all is well. New York and your readers will be here waiting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello! You're missed around these parts :(
    Hope the moving is going well & you're settling back into North Carolina... I've always wanted to visit that part of the states, it looks beautiful.
    Look forward to hearing all about it when you're back again!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


    Sarah

    http://blanket.ws

    ReplyDelete