Thursday, August 07, 2008

Ravelympics

I decided last-minute to sign up for the Ravelympics (Ravelry link). For anyone not signed up with Ravelry, it's basically projects you attempt to complete during the 2008 Summer Olympics coming up this week.

I am going to attempt to do both a February Lady Sweater and a Ridged Lace Cowl, though my emphasis is on the sweater. It looks complete-able in 2 weeks, right?

Wish me luck, this yarn seems to be cursed...

Edited to add: I wasn't planning on joining any teams or events, but I ended up doing both. The cardi event is the Sweater Sprint and the Cowl will be entered in the Cowl Jump. I'm battling for Team Brooklyn!

3 comments:

  1. February Lady Sweater is definitely doable in two weeks - I finished the body in about four days (am now procrastinating over the sleeves). Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear that. Sometimes I bite off more than I can chew and then I feel like the slowest knitter ever. I'm certainly going to try to go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooo, I love your choices. The cowl is definitely an interesting alternative to a scarf. Love it. What colors have you chosen?
    I'm rooting for you!
    xxC

    ReplyDelete