Monday, August 18, 2008

FO :: Gloria Cowl (Ravelympics)

I was was starting to think that there was no way I'd have the chance to get through both projects I had committed to for the Ravelympics this year, especial after I remembered that I had planned a trip to Philadelphia during this past weekend. I decided that instead of doing the Ridged Lace Cowl, I would switch my pattern choice and work on a Gloria Cowl, which is primarily stocking stitch (and in the round--easy peasy!). That way, I could easily pick it up at any point we had some down time, converse, and still be social, without being rude and poking my nose into a pattern every two seconds (I'm notoriously bad at following lace patterns -- it takes every bit of concentration I can muster. Which often isn't much. And that is a problem). I cast on on the train down to Philly after work on Friday, and cast off on the train back to Manhattan. (Rather impressed with myself, and encouraged about the upcoming week of knitting!)

Details:
Pattern: Gloria Cowl , from Orinda
Yarn: Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece,
Driftwood (CW115)
Modifications: None needed
Ravelry LinkOn another note, my trip to Philly was fantastic. I got the chance to visit two of my high school friends who are now married. They showed me around some parts of the city and led me to some great places to eat. They knew me in my formative and awkward years and don't seem to hold it against me. I still get tickled seeing us all as adults.

6 comments:

  1. That cowl looks so lovely and soft! Congrats on finishing your ravelympics project.

    - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! So delicate-looking, but would definitely keep your neck warm. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for train knitting! It's beautiful :-) And I love seeing old friends like that too--it's a little surreal but so much fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very elegant! Congratulations on finishing a Ravelympics project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cowl looks great! We'll have to see if I get my shawl done for the Ravelympics - I'm planning lots of knitting today.

    ReplyDelete