Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Drops Design :: Autumn Favorites

In the spirit of Autumn, here are my favorite picks from the Drops Design for Autumn/Winter 2008/09. I always keep an eye on their website, and it's always fun to see the pattern options and vote on them before the seasonal catalogs are released. And this fall, I love the color palatte of greys and neutrals. I have so much queued up that I doubt I'll make it to any of them, but I like to keep them on hand for reference, although everytime I visit the catalog online, other patterns come to my attention (though some make me go screaming for the hills!).

In any case, clockwise from top, here are the patterns:
110-23 -- Jacket in moss st with raglan sleeve.
109-47 -- Jacket in garter st with curved front pieces.
109-52 -- Jacket in ”Alpaca” with stripy yoke in ”Fabel."
108-20 -- Jumper/jacket in with raglan sleeve and yoke in multi colored pattern.
Socks (they don't seem to have the English translation of this pattern, so no link).
109-1 -- Jumper with hood.

While you're there, check out the GarnStudio matching game... with socks!

6 comments:

  1. I love your picks from Drops! They always have some really grat classic shapes and comfy-looking sweaters. I'm in love with those over-the-knee snowflake socks- they are so awesome!!

    - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love that Jumper with hood! It looks so cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually found a pattern for the socks on the left. It appears to be a free pattern on their website. The Ravelry page has links to several different languages. At any rate, you can find the english version here:
    http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=110&d_id=41&lang=us
    (sadly, I can't link so you'll have to copy and paste the link to your browser).

    Thanks for posting this, it's opened my eyes to drops and I love those socks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the raglan sleeve pattern. Especially with 3/4 length sleeves.
    You should definitely knit yourself something in grey for fall. yum yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Bertha said... Ooh, I love that Jumper with hood! It looks so cozy!"
    Wow, that is exactly what I was going to say, except using hoodie instead of jumper. Anyway, I'd love to make that in a high alpaca content yarn. mmm
    Some personal favorites:
    Neckwarmer
    Jumper This would be dreadfully boring to knit, but I like it and would probably want to make it with alpaca.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to check out Drops Designs more often. These are some beautiful patterns

    ReplyDelete