Thursday, July 24, 2008

FO :: Monkey Socks

In the works since April, I've FINALLY finished my Monkey socks. I love them. No wonder 6051 people on Ravelry have made them.


I certainly had a case of second sock syndrome. I was avoiding finding out if I was going to run out of yarn like I did with my (still unfinished Jaywalkers. Yes, that post is from 2007).

Details:
Pattern: Monkey Socks , from Knitty
Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill Supersock Merino in Wild Berry (1 hank = 1 pair)
Modifications: Nada, baby!
Confessions: I cheated on the toe by turning the sock inside out and doing a three needle bind off. Surprisingly, it worked out quite well, and doesn't feel too bulky.
More Details: Ravelry

12 comments:

  1. They are gorgeous! Yay for finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, these turned out super great! I need to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I still haven't knit a pair of these, but I've been thinking about it lately because I keep seeing nice pairs like these springing up. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are very cute! i like that colorway - very summery with the fresh berry color ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your monkeys are awesome! That's too bad about second sock syndrome, but at least now they are done and are super cute!

    - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like them! That colorway is great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like them! That colorway is great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely socks! And a great color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The socks look great and I love the colorway. I have yet to make a pair of Monkeys, but they are definitely in my queue.

    ReplyDelete
  10. great color! nice job. I still have these on my to-do list.

    ReplyDelete