Saturday, July 12, 2008

Family Shout-out :: Jo Ellen Designs

I just found this post in my list of posts that I never finished writing! Usually no big deal, except for that I was excited to write about my family. Better late than never though, right?

Last winter, I was invited by my aunt and cousin to be their guest at the International Gift Fair. Together, they have started a rug company, named Jo Ellen Designs in Camden, Maine. The rugs are 100% wool and are hand hooked, and they do pillows as well.

Here are Jess and I in their booth. It's hard to see here, but the blue and beige rug we are standing directly in front of has some hidden animals (see the design better here. Also in two other colorways.) and is one of my favorite rugs (along with this design).
Jo Ellen Designs

And here are Jo Ellen and Jess, and a good view of two of the rugs:

DSC01735.JPG

Their business has been growing by leaps and bounds in the past year, and it was great to see what they are doing in person. And even better, for every item purchased, they make a donation through their own program, Designs for Good, in which each design is partnered to a specific organization).

I had a great time browsing through the fair and had the chance to see in-person a lot of the design companies I keep track of via various design blogs. Best of all I had the chance to spend time with, and be inspired by, family that I see all too rarely.

No comments:

Post a Comment