Wednesday, May 07, 2008

jaywalkin' to monkeyville

Thanks everyone for the lovely comments on the Gathered Pullover. It's two weeks later and I'm still really happy with it, so that's a milestone. Have I turned a corner in my knitting and finishing skills? Let's hope so. Now I'm working on deciding what large project to tackle next.

In the meantime, while waiting for some yarn to come in to finish on my languishing Jaywalkers, I started on the other most-popular-sock-pattern-in-the-universe, the Monkey Socks from Knitty.

Monkey-in-progress

I'm using this absolutely gorgeous Cherry Tree Hill Supersock Merino that I purchased from the Hillsborough Yarn Shop last year.

Cherry Tree Hill - "Wild Berry"

I'm not huge on the Summer knitting. I haven't even bothered to peek into my Interweave Knits that arrived last week, as I saw the preview online and none of the projects really spoke to me this time around. I plan to try to tackle some summer knits though, since we're only just skimming the surface of the warm weather to come in the next couple of months.

3 comments:

  1. pretty yarn, pretty monkeys too be. que mono!

    Now that I'm almost a sock knitter, I was thinking of trying that pattern when I finish the jaywalkers.

    Sorry to hear that Interweave didn't do it for you, at least not yet. I usually don't get excited over it, either. Oh wells.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, that monkeyt sock is looking awesome so far!!

    I hear you on the Summer Interweave- can't say I was exicted about much of it, either. The apres something hoodie was cute, but nothing else seemed to be... you know.

    - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monkeys are such a fun knit! Great color for them, too. They're going to be really cute.

    I'm with you on the summer interweave... nothing in it really jumped out at me. meh.

    ReplyDelete