Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Hello, pretty pretty

Images from Knit on the Net, Issue 5.

I've made a start on Barbarella, (Ravelry link) from Just Call Me Ruby via Knit on the Net. Her original uses a beautiful silk from the UK. I decided to go for something I could get domestically, and ordered some Misti Alpaca Pima Cotton/Silk and some Blue Sky Alpaca Dyed Cotton from Webs. I'm starting on the lace pattern at the hem and I've tried out a few needle sizes and settled on something I like (US 6 and US 7). I'm worried that the yarn might become a bit fuzzy, but the cotton and silk is a nice, soft combination and will feel good to wear.

The main color will be the burgundy on the left, and the contrasting color will be the gunmetal color in the middle. The cream I bought as a safety color in case I didn't like the grey, so I'll just save it for another project.

Oh my gosh - Barbarella pretty much has the best memorable quotes ever. Just prepare for some cheezball references in the upcoming weeks... I mean, what can you expect from a movie with a character named Dildano?

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, that's gonna be gorgeous! I love the colors. How did I miss that pattern before? I need to stop reading blogs--my queue is already ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd never seen that pattern either! I love the yarns that you picked, and the gunmetal gray is such a nice color. Oh, and the Barbarella pic is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm, I'll definitely have to check that pattern out..I have six skeins of that pima/silk in a brown in my stash, and I've never been able to figure out waht to do with it. Also...I fear stretching! I'll be interested to see how yours turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pattern is great. Very futuristic-like. Just like its namesake. Dildano?! Really.

    ReplyDelete