Saturday, April 19, 2008

That's my mom :)

I think I'd better go get another crochet lesson from my mom. She's so good--can you see? These are purses that she made for her sisters for Christmas. She's from a family of 10 kids, so that's quite a bit of work. Although due to the fact that she's a total perfectionist (it must be a recessive gene), they ended up being gifts to welcome in the springtime.

Mom's Crocheted Purses
Each one has a unique trim or finishing, which she worked to find to match the yarns she used.
Mom's Crocheted Purses
Mom definitely provided me some of my craftiness when I was growing up, although with things such as sewing I never really applied myself enough to become very good at it (just one of many examples). She did give me my first knitting lessons, though!

2 comments:

  1. wow, those are great bags! My mom also makes things to give to her 8 sisters at our family reunion. That "crafty" gene is dominant, though I sewing didn't take with me either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your mom is awesome at crochet! I guess creativity/ crafting is in the blood.

    - Julie

    ReplyDelete