I saw someone on Ravelry use a turned hem on this sweater (although now a few people have done it and I can't remember which one in particular prompted me to do it in the first place), and I followed by knitting one right into the sweater with the dark brown contrasting yarn. I found instructions here on NonaKnits. As you can see, it's adding a little bit of bulk and a very visible seam. I also picked up the contrasting color at the V-neck, because I thought it would be nice to have some added contrast at the neckline between skin and sweater.
It was such a low-key, easy and relaxing knit. After casting on, there is about 8" of straight stockinette in the round--great for TV knitting. As per usual, I got a bit stuck on the finishing. It's the make or break point of a sweater for me, and the trouble I have with seaming often makes me go from loving sweater to hating it.
Not in this case though! I love the fit of it, and I am really happy with the knitting. I wish the neckline were just a smidge closer, but this is ok as long as I have a cami underneath. It's my most successful knit so far!
Pattern: Gathered Pullover from Interweave Knits, Winter 2008
Yarn: Berroco Ultra Alpaca
I had heard that the Berroco Ultra Alpaca grows a ton when wet-blocked, so I was afraid to go all the way to do that to the entire sweater. Instead, I gently pinned it out and used the sprayer that is on my iron plus some steam. It helped the shoulder seams immensely, which is where it needed the most blocking. The rest was virtually unchanged in terms of overall shape, but it helped to give it an overall more finished look: