Thursday, March 20, 2008

say something :: knit dresses

Last week the Craft Magazine blog posted this photo of Lisa Anne Auerbach’s cool St. Patrick’s day Obama dress and I had to check out more. I have to say I was interested in seeing the possibilities of what a knitting machine can do (If all goes well I'll have the opportunity to try one out in the near future - although these are done on a computerized machine), but I found Lisa’s work to be really interesting, not to mention visually impressive. I like that she models her statements herself.Click the photo to go through to her blog and see more of her work. And here are more dresses from a 2007 exhibition (lots of neat pieces these photos).

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting.... I don't know anything about knitting machines but that statement/sweater/dress is pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete