Wednesday, March 19, 2008

FO :: Twiggy Bobble Hat

Whoops! I posted my Twiggy Bobble hat for Thing-a-day and never cross-posted it here. I wanted to get a better photo of it flat, which I only remembered to do last week.

Twiggy Bobble Hat
I don't think I would have made this hat before I saw this photo. I liked how Sandra's was a bit floppy and relaxed without being hippie. Mine stretched out a bit when I blocked it, and although I still wear it, it's a bit loose. I'm considering weaving in some thin elastic to the ribbing if I can figure out how to do it.
Twiggy Bobble Hat (Closeup)
I had some trouble with ladders in the round, which haven't worked themselves out yet. I don't usually have such a problem with them, even when using magic loop. I had hoped they would disappear with some blocking and some wear, but they're still pretty obvious. I managed to hide them in the photos, and since I can't see my head when I wear it, I can do a pretty good job at ignoring them...

Finally a hat I actually like on me. I am soooo not a hat person!
Twiggy Bobble Hat
Project Details:
Pattern: Twiggy Bobble Hat from Making Things (free pattern)
Yarn: Blue Sky Alpaca (yay!) Sport in 505 Natural Taupe
Completed: Feb. 2008
Modifications: None

6 comments:

  1. My knitting group decided that the twiggy bobble hat was for everyone - even non-hat people. It just looks great on everyone - and you're a fine example because it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I lost my new favorite hat... so I'm totally going to make this one!! Thanks for sharing!-kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute! looks great on you! i may have to knit this one myself...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Consider yourself a hat person! Looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh it's beautiful and looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete