Friday, February 29, 2008

Thing-a-Day :: Day 29

It's the final thing! I had a great time seeing everyone's projects over the month. Some days were easier than others, but I'm glad I stuck with it and actually did something every day this month!

I'm thinking of doing a redesign on my blog and updating the look. Today I played around with some banner ideas, so here are two versions, with a couple variations on each. I like to keep things pretty simple:
ideas for a new blog banner - set 2


Ideas for new blog banner - set 1

cross-posted to thing-a-day.

I owe a lot of people thanks for sending great feedback over the course of the month. I've gotten some lovely comments and emails, and it's been so crazy that I haven't had the chance to say thanks to everyone individually. You should see all the emails I've starred in my inbox. Believe me, I'm looking forward to focusing on a a bunch of knitting again - starting tonight!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE the woodgrain ones. LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the one with the wood snowflakes and gold text.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to buck the trend and say that I love the scroll-y ones at the beginning, particularly the black one with the shadowed bits behind it. Looks timeless, whereas as the wood trend kind of comes and goes.....

    - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Julie! I like the filigrees a LOT! The more twirls in life, the better! I've noticed your style to be on the modern classic side, not trendy, like maybe the woodgrain. The added gray in the background seems to help ground the logo too. So, apparently, that's my two cents!

    I've been wanting to revamp my blog header also... no clue how to do it though. Any advice?? Ummm, wanna work out a trade? I like the things you design!!! In need of any custom jewelry?? or a knitted tree??? -kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the top one best, for its simplicity. I think it would work equally well also in other colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the second and the last ones best, but they're all pretty fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the first one best then the second one. It's just really pretty and vintage looking. Congrats on completing your thing-a-day!

    ReplyDelete