Thursday, February 28, 2008

thing-a-day :: Day 27

sewing machine drawing Last night I took another foray into sewing and hemmed up a pair of pants that I've been wearing with staples in the cuffs to keep the fold in! Unfortunately, black pants don't seem to photograph well, nor would it be a particularly interesting photo anyways, so here is a stock photo of a sewing machine I did not use. But it's a cool illustration.

The sewing went much better that my elastic-waist skirt experiment, but these were pants out of a woven fabric (instead of a knit) and therefore were much easier to seam.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize that your skirt was made from knit fabric! There is a special stitch on my sewing machine for jersey/stretchy fabric. It's a crazy back and forth stitch, but it works!

    ReplyDelete