Friday, February 01, 2008

Thing-a-Day :: Day 1

I just did some quick exercises making some numbers into patterns. I picked fonts and numbers arbitrarily and worked with whatever came up first until I had pattern I liked. It just so happened that I ended up with 7, 8, and 9.

These are just quick and dirty--and certainly are not perfectly matched up. I can see all of them going somewhere with a bit more work. I'd eventually like to make it so that the first thing you see is the overall pattern, not the numbers themselves. I think the first one here comes closest to that.

Pattern of 7s

Pattern of 8s

Pattern of 9s

7s are Gautami
8s are Poster Bodoni
9s are Sylfaen

Posted to Thing-a-Day.

5 comments:

  1. I really love the '8' pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't notice that 7s and 8s were numbers; I only noticed that with 9. They're all great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't see the 7s at all! The 9s look like a sock seen from the inside :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The 7's are practically invisible! The 8's were definitely amazing, but I did pick the 9's out right away. Very cool!

    - Julie

    ReplyDelete