Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Thing-a-day 2008

One of my resolutions this year is to challenge myself more creatively and to explore things besides knitting, so I think I will participate in this:I think a half hour to hour every day is manageable. Or, can be made to be manageable. I like how it isn't limited to any one particular craft. Browsing though the blog from last year, I see sculpture, recipes, sketches, bits of research and list-making. I've never been a great artist, but maybe I could explore some abstract watercolor. Maybe I could work with words, or fonts. Put up some recipes. Do some photo manipulation. Endless possibilities...

I'd better start a list.

3 comments:

  1. woah this sounds awesome. i just may have to partake. a friend of mine has been doing a new thing a day for everyday before her 30th bday! look: http://jen365.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting concept.. I'd love ot knit everyday but realistically it's probably not possible even if i wanted to. i'm going to have to check this site out.
    jsun

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, so it's make something a day?! holy crap thats insane. Do you crochet? One could granny square or even coaster it up. Presents for AGES. lol

    jsun

    ReplyDelete