Friday, January 25, 2008

Foodie Friday :: intro

I've been knocking around the idea of starting a food blog, but I decided against it, thinking that once I had started it would become a task instead of an enjoyable part of my everyday. I often want to share experiences I've had with cooking or eating, but I don't want to take away from the crafting aspect of Lekkercraft. I think for now, I will test out the waters by doing a weekly posting on something culinary--links, reviews, recipes, etc.--and see how it goes from there. No pressure!

I subscribe to a lot of food blogs. A lot of the recipes I've tried this year are ones that I bookmarked from many of them, and many of which are keepers (you should SEE my clippings folder in Bloglines!). Through the Epicurious blog, I found a blog of submitted Best Recipes from Food Bloggers of 2007. There are a LOT of foodie blogs out there. Here are some of the recipes (in English) that caught my eye.

Veggie Lasagna at Chez Denise.
Pasta with Braised Lentils at Joanna's Food.
Neil Perry's Sticky Toffee Pudding at Milk and Cookies.
Herb and Spice Bars at Einfachkoestlich.
To save all of these recipes (and others from anywhere on the web), I use an application for the Mac, called MacGourmet that looks a lot like iTunes. It lets me clip recipes directly from the web (no re-typing!), has a great search functionality, lets you publish recipe collections, make shopping lists, and figure out some nutrition data. [This is the closest similar software that I can find for the PC, but I have no experience with it and can't recommend it].

6 comments:

  1. Oh thanks for the tip on the software. I'm gonna have to check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great links! I've been looking at food blogs too, and not blogging about it :) MacGourmet looks really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally hear you- I'm a food blog addict as well (and a design blog addict... the list goes on) and it is utterly incredible how many great food blogs are out there. I feel like I could quit my day job and spend all my time cooking delicious recipes from them and I'd never even get half way through them all. I'm glad you are going to add food to your blog- now I can indulge my love of both on one site!!!

    - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. One more thing- I've nominated you for a You Make May Day Award!

    - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for trying out our Veggie Lasagna. It is definitely a favorite in our household! Maybe some of our others will catch your eye as well!!

    Cheers,
    Chez

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've recently been getting into food blogs, so thanks for these links. I'll check them out. And I'm definitely going to look up MacGourmet--I have too many recipes bookmarked and no place to put them! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete