Monday, November 05, 2007

twinkle/anthro :: some photos

Last week was the last of the Knitting in the City nights held by Twinkle at the Rockefeller Center Anthropologie. Over the last couple of months, I assisted at three of them, and had a nice time helping out and meeting some other knitters (I don’t know too many). I finally shot a couple photos.

A view from above as people start settling in. All of those seats were filled up (plus lots more).

DSC00982.JPG

Beginner’s section. Anthropologie is a pretty store, isn’t it? I always see some beautiful decorating ideas there (many of which seem to involve recycling, too).

DSC00983.JPG

Me, Ivette, and Anne – all of us a little exhausted. Anne and I have on Twinkle tops from matching fabric. Behind me, and on Ivette’s lap are the bags that they gave to all of the knitters, containing needles, a hank of the Twinkle Soft Chunky and catalogs. Yay schwag!

knitnight.jpg

I believe Wenlan will be doing a book signing on November 29th at the same Anthro, but I’m not sure if (or what type of) a knitting event will be happening the same night.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my god, did anyone every tell you that you look so much like the singer, Fiest?!
    - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg jules! you're right, dead ringer!

    I can also feel my love/hate complex with anthropologie growing. Now only do they have amazing clothes but their stores are super dope and hold KNITTING RELATED EVENTS? Damnit. I gotta head back to the states.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I had no idea that this was an ongoing event! Maybe I'll have to check it out on Nov 29th... It looks like you had a blast :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't realize they were doing knitting events over there. I just went shopping there (well, more like browsing on my budget) on Tuesday. Maybe I'll check out the event at the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. dang! I'm only going to speak for myself, but since you mention it- I do look tired! Good reminder to wear more blush and lipstick...

    ReplyDelete