Monday, November 12, 2007

FO :: Pie

A very overdue FO:

Pie

It only took me 2 months to buy snaps to finish up this little baby sweater. I had tried a number of different closures for this but nothing was really looking right. Ties were wonky and button closures didn't seem like they would stay closed. Until yesterday, snaps were a mystery, but once I found the package and learned how easy they are to sew in, I couldn't believe I waited so long. They're a snap (sorry!) to add. From now on, I'll be the one adding snaps to everything. I bought the snaps from Brooklyn General yesterday (an really great store, by the way).

Pie

The little flower details were a little decoration I bought from Piece Goods (do they even still exist? Maybe they were just in the south?) waaaaay back in say, 1994 or so. I've been hoarding them not really knowing what to do with them -- they were for a quilt project I did at my high school. So I needed a little something to make this sweater a little bit more special so it seemed to be a perfect match. And even though I try to avoid it, a sweater for a newborn baby girl is one good reason to go a bit precious, no?

Pie

Project Details:

Pattern: Pie (free from Berroco)
Yarn: Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in Blush & Putty
Completed: Nov. 2007
For: Baby Maggie G

4 comments:

  1. It looks great! And those little flowers snaps are too cute for words... - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sweater - the flower decals really bring it all together too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice sweater. Maybe I'll have to get on the snap train myself. Buttons are always kind of a drag...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved knitting Pie. Your little flower detail over the snaps is a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete