Sunday, November 18, 2007

FO :: Cavern

A long time in the finishing... those closures get me every time. Sweater languishing for months as I procrastinate on figuring out the little details. I played around with the idea of inserting a buttonhole, or crocheting in some ties, but they all seemed to pull too much. For the moment, though I'm not sure this will be the ultimate solution, I've used my new-found fandom of snaps to get this to a photo-ready stage.

Cavern Cardigan

This grew quite a bit with the wet-blocking I did, and I'm glad. I usually resort to steam blocking, but now I do declare myself a fan of the wet block. It softens up the fabric so much.

Cavern Cardigan

My only concern is the wide neckline. The sweater feels like it's going to fall off of my shoulders, but that would probably be fixed just by wearing a crew neck underneath.

Cavern Cardigan

Project Details:
Pattern: Cavern Cardigan. Free pattern from Cosmicpluto.
Yarn: Cascade 220 Tweed in Persimmon.
Completed: Nov. 2007

12 comments:

  1. Destined to be a wardrobe classic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I love how the tweediness adds a little something special to the fabric. Maybe if you put the snaps or whatever closure you end up using higher up you won't have as much of a problem with the neckline wanting to slide down your shoulders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, very sleek lines! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!! Love that seed stitch border. And the tweedy bits of blue and yellow really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oops- that comment from kittenpie007 is me (Julie from TeamKnit), I was signed into my personal account... my bad......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice. I love the soft fabric wet blocking gives, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so pretty. I love the yarn. I've never used cascade 220 before, but recently purchased some. Seeing how beautifully yours knit up makes me want to start on something asap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful result - a very wearable and lovely cardi. The tweed is the perfect touch! Great photos of you too~

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful. I like the way the wide neckline looks--it's very feminine. Of course, if you're always having to hike it back up, that's just annoying! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, it looks great on you! The pattern is so flattering! good yarn choice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. that's really pretty, especially the neckline, and looks like a great fit. well done! I'm impressed you squeezed that in between the Twinkle tests!

    ReplyDelete