Monday, October 01, 2007

project update

I had to order a couple of sets of the Knitpicks needles for some magic loop sock knitting, so I ordered enough yarn for a couple of projects in order to hit the minimum for the free shipping. Here are the projects that I'm either getting ready to start, finish, or am working on...

This Main Line will become Flair, by Wendy Bernard.

Knit Picks Main Line - Chocolate

This bulky Wool of the Andes is slated to become the Drops Design cardigan/jacket. I’m not 100% positive this will be the yarn I ultimately want to use, but I’ll swatch it up to see how it acts/feels/looks.

Knit Picks WOTA - Pewter


I have pulled some Trekking (XXL) out of my stash to try out the Universal toe-up socks pattern from Knitty for Soctoberfest.

I still have to block Cavern.

I just need to figure out the closure for Pie. Or figure out how to add snaps. Then it will be ready to be gifted.

I’ve also ripped out the top 1/3 of my finished Shopping Tunic. I’ve decided to rig up an alternate neckline based cover sweater from the same book, because every time I try to wear it to work I end up forgoing it for something else. Even though I like the way it looks as is, I always feel like the big cowl is going to get annoying while sitting at the computer all day.

And speaking of Twinkle, I had a great time volunteering at the Twinkle event at Anthropologie last week – "Knitting in the City." I had a chance to meet Anne and Ivette (from Another Shopgirl and Knotology, respectively), who are the first knitbloggers I’ve ever personally met and are both really great. I think we all had a pretty good time. Unfortunately I forgot to shoot any photos of us in our Twinkle outfits (that we got to keep in exchange for volunteering – not a bad deal!) or of the rest of the night. I think I’d really like to do another one of these in the future, so hopefully will be more prepared next time, especially being a bit more confident in knowing what to expect.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, looks like you have a lot on your (knitting) plate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to make that drops jacket as well. Great purchases!

    ReplyDelete