Saturday, September 29, 2007

SKIF

I've been hearing some buzz about SKIF. Have you seen this line of patterns?
A bit avant garde. A bit post-apocalyptic. A bit earthy.
Structured but not so much... The patterns are $15-$20 each, and you can find them here at Shopknits. Although it is bit steep for a pattern, it seems you get some extras such as buttons and some cording and a special SKIF tag. And some of the designs have some very interesting and special design elements and details (check out the two top sweaters. I can't direct link to them).Though none of these specific patterns are jumping out to me as a must knit, it looks like the company will start releasing patterns regularly. I really like the overall aesthetic of these sweaters and of those on the SKIF International website, and I think it will just be a matter of time before one speaks directly to me. I will definitely be keeping an eye on them.

6 comments:

  1. Interesting find! I agree, I don't think I would knit any of these, but they seem to have potential.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of these. They look habu-esque. I'm having a hard time imagining them on a body- Hopefully somebody else will make one and post it online.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love the shapes - like Shopgirl, I am waiting to see some of them on an actual body. They definitely look cool here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool find! I like the patterns; they remind me a lot of Habu's knits. The price per pattern is definitely high, though, if you are not interested in the metal buttons and tags. I would love to see how these sweaters actually look on people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I've never heard of this company! The first sweater, with what looks like a cowl neck, seems interesting. But I agree with the other commenters: looks like Habu to me... Plus, it's all stockinette. Come on, how about a cable here or there ;)

    ReplyDelete