Tuesday, June 12, 2007

pie

I've started on my cousin's Baby G's sweater. I had settled on the Zimmermann February Jacket, but couldn't find book in time to start -- that's internal clock-time, as the baby isn't due for awhile yet -- and I feel like I've hit my quota for mail order for this month (too much packaging makes me feel guilty!).

Instead I started on Pie, a free pattern from Berroco. Looking at the pattern itself didn't really excite me, but through Ravelry, I got to see this one from A Journey Beyond Boredom. I really like the simplicity of it. Plus, with Baby G. not due until September, there's still time to work on some other patterns if I manage to run into the EZ Almanac before then.

<span class=

I picked out some Cotton Fleece thinking it could be machine washed, though now that I've read the label at home I think I'm mistaken. I swear it said so at the yarn store, though. Anyone have any experience with washing garments made from this yarn?

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a cute baby pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've ever machine washed anything using Cotton Fleece myself, but I've given plenty of baby gifts with it and told the recipients they could machine wash, based on what I've read online. No one's reported any problems in the year I've been doing it!

    That's a great color, too; can't wait to see more of the baby sweater!

    ReplyDelete