Monday, June 18, 2007

next up

220tweed1

Last weekend I stopped by the post office to pick up my package of yarn to start the Textured Tunic from Fitted Knits. I'm going to try it with Cascade 220 Tweed. The color is Persimmon -- I think it would be fun to try something bright. I really like this yarn, but I'm not sure if I'll get gauge with it as recommended in the pattern. It'll take some swatching to figure it out, otherwise there are a number of other patterns in the book that look really great so I could always re-purpose.

I'll wind this up at the airport, because tomorrow after work I am off to North Carolina for a few days to see my family. I haven't seen my parents or Oma in about a year and I CANNOT WAIT to get down there. I'm in desperate need of a vacation.

2 comments:

  1. The color is quite lovely. I think it will look great in the tunic pattern!
    Have fun in NC :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That yarn is really pretty. Have a great time in North Carolina. I'm sure you more than deserve a vaca!

    ReplyDelete