Tuesday, June 05, 2007

a bit of a lull

Thanks for the comments on my last post on the Shopping Tunic! I definitely am very happy when people take the time to comment and spend some time on my blog.

I don't have any projects on the needles right now. I'm waiting on yarn for the Textured Tunic out of Fitted Knits to arrive, and I'm trying to decide on a more summery knit to work on at the same time. I also have a bit of baby gift knitting to do and am looking for the perfect pattern, which will probably be the baby kimono from Mason-Dixon Knitting.

In the meantime, I've been spending a lot of time getting to know Ravelry! I'm sure everyone has heard about it by now, but I can tell it is going to be an invaluable tool for organization and reference. I love seeing my projects all set out in a perfect grid. They are still working on sending out invites for beta testers, and I know that the waiting list is really long right now. I signed up the moment I heard about it a few weeks ago and it took until last week for me to get my invite, so if you're waiting, just be patient a bit longer. It will be well worth it.

2 comments:

  1. I've never made the Kimono, but I'd recommend EZ's Baby Surprise Jacket and her February Jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! I really want to live in Brooklyn, or closer to les, where I'll be working, but my guy needs to be close to Columbia U. So we are looking mostly at Upper West and Midtown West. If you have any apartment/neighborhood hunting suggestions or tips, I'd love to hear 'em.

    ReplyDelete