Saturday, May 05, 2007

twinkles

The Shopping Tunic is a lot of fun to knit. Below is a photo of it after just one night of knitting. The waist decreases are finished, and there are only a few rows to do before starting the increases for the chest. I love the instant gratification of watching it grow so quickly!

I'm just sort of winging this following the instructions and learning about the construction as each step comes up. The pockets are interesting. They were added on a couple rows in and will later be picked up from the live stitches on those holders and worked in ribbing for a couple of rows.

I'm using one of the suggested alternate yarns: Cascade Magnum in a dark loden green color. Very soft, and I think it's a good substitute. This should only take a couple more days of knitting to complete, however I'll be in Boston over the weekend so no more knitting until next week.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't bulky weight so much fun to knit with?

    ReplyDelete