Tuesday, May 15, 2007

finally, a gleeful f.o.

I am very happy to finally show off Glee in all of its finished glory!

glee_fin1

I'm glad to have taken the time to frog it and re-knit in the smaller size--this is much closer to the fit I was hoping for, and I even believe I'll be wearing this in public! I do find it to be a bit bunchy in the shoulders (I find this a lot in sweaters that I've knit--Does anyone know how I might fix this in the future?).

I ran out of yarn right before picking up the armholes to knit the couple rows of ribbing before the sleeves are cast off. Instead of ordering more yarn just for those few rows, I found a remnant of a similar color in my stash and figured it would be good enough for the bands. I actually really like it as a bit of an accent.

glee_fin2

Sewing on hooks and eyes is pretty much my least favorite task ever. But the effect is cute and worth the time spent in the end.

Project Details
Pattern: Glee from Zephyrstyle
Yarn: Knitpicks Andean Treasure in Lilac Heather
Needles: US 3 and US 5
Finished: April, 2007

9 comments:

  1. It's adorable. I did Rusted Root, which was a very fun pattern - but looking at yours, I think Glee is probably even nicer. The hooks and eyes are completely worth the fiddle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, it's very cute and totally wearable on a day to day basis!
    I don't understand your "bunching" issue: the sweater seems to fit you perfectly in the photo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Glee looks completely wonderful- I never liked the pattern much until I saw your version of it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally a wearable finished object! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally a wearable finished object! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First that is a awesome top! I'm jealous that I don't have it!
    Second... sorry but...

    YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED!
    Please go to my blog for further directions!

    www.freakknitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job! It looks like a perfect fit, and the contrast yarn gives it a personalized touch. I already have this pattern, but now I might move it up on my project list and make one!

    SD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations -- looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that color on you, your Glee is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete