Sunday, May 27, 2007

7 random things

Thanks to Freak Knitter for giving me my first meme tag. Here's 7 random things about me:

1. I can roll my tounge in three rolls. I taught myself in the mirror after seeing it on TV one night when I was on a trip to the U.K.

2. I've been feeling really torn between wanting to stay in NY or move back down to my hometown in North Carolina. As much as I love city life (and my job), I would love to be closer to my family, buy a house, grow a garden, settle down a bit -- I've been finding it hard to feel centered and healthy recently, trying to figure out my priorities.

3. I'm fascinated by knitting blogs. I'm pretty sure I read more about knitting than I actually knit myself.

4. When I was in high school I wanted to be an FBI agent.

5. I'm extremely clumsy. I'm always dropping things, tripping over something, or knocking something over.

6. I don't really enjoy shopping unless it's for groceries.

7. I played the violin for 12 years while growing up. I really enjoyed it and I suppose I was fairly decent, but as I got older I started having a lot of performance anxiety and it really had an effect on my desire to keep at it.

Looks like this meme has pretty much done the circuit through the bloglands, so I don't think I'll pass the tag along.

On another note, thanks to Jeffrey Yamaguchi at 52 Projects for including a link to lekkercraft in his blog roundup! That was exciting :)

1 comment:

  1. forgive my forwardness but this is too Weird to not compare myself to you.
    1) i can flip my tongue. i accidentally did it once and spent 2 months learning to do it again.
    2)i live in the south and would love to try NY but don't want to give up all that you described that pulls you to NC
    3)ditto
    4) US marshal
    5)ditto and then i get mad at said object and tell it to do as i intended next time
    6)i am going to skip this one, but i will say i prefer to shop solo. i don't like people picking things out for me
    7) i have always wanted to learn the violin but i think i might try the fiddle so i can dance too!
    weird. but i am sure with only 7 things everyone has something in common.

    ReplyDelete