Thursday, March 15, 2007

lather. rinse. repeat.

Remember this?

After looking at this from many angles, I came to the decision to frog everything up until this point and to re-do it in the smallest size. I toyed with the idea of doing a long section of ribbing at the bottom and letting the top part blouse out a bit, but decided that was a cop-out to what I really wanted this sweater to be. Which is like the one in the photo.

I've never frogged a project at this point before. I usually shut my eyes, keep knitting, and hope for the best. And more than once that has lead to finished projects that I'm less-than-thrilled with. I must say, it was rather liberating to get to that stage where there's no turning back.

This photo shows the current state of Glee. Hard to believe a whole sweater's-worth of yarn is sitting here in these two grapefruit-sized balls of yarn, right?

3 comments:

  1. Oh my! Well, I can totally relate. I've been known to finish something, wear it once and then decide to frog it.

    Cast on again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch...that was painful.
    I've been eyeballing Glee...what yarn are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys - it sounded more painful than it actually was! i guess that's easier when we can knit out of pleasure rather than necessity these days...

    Sharon, I couldn't reply to your comment directly to you, but the yarn I'm using is KnitPicks Andean Treasure. It is soooo soft, and pleasure to knit with!

    ReplyDelete