Friday, February 09, 2007

enabler

A fashion-stylist friend of mine got to go to a bunch of the shows for this year's Fashion Week. One of the first shows she went to was Pierrot, a knitwear designer. And in the gift bags, was a kit for a big holey scarf from Lion Brand. Since it seemed no one was really taking the gift bags home, she managed to combine a few of them together to make one huge gift bag. For me!

I have no idea what to make with Lion Brand suede, but I'll add it to my stash for now until a project comes to me. And look at those massive needles--Size US 50!

My friend also managed to score me another, really special treat from a different Fashion Week show, but more on that once I get my hands on it. But it's good... really good.

2 comments:

  1. My bf used that yarn to make some really cute teddy bears to give as gifts at baby showers. How come I can't have a friend that attend Fashion Week and bring me presents? I guess I'll have to settle for a bf that knits :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's the link to the pattern he used: http://www.berroco.com/exclusives/air_bear/air_bear.html
    He actually used the same color turquoise. We bought a whole bunch of it at the Smiley's Yarn sale.

    ReplyDelete