Wednesday, January 31, 2007

rub-a-dub-dub

I was SO excited to take a night off and do some knitting tonight, but my bathroom had other plans for me. The drain in the tub just decided to not do it's job anymore and I've spent the last 2 hours trying to scoop out all the water and figure out what was blocking it. Now, both my roommate and I have long, dark hair, so you can just imagine the beautiful result of that investigation.

Ew. Ewwwwwwww.

In better (and much more appetizing) news, it's restaurant week, so some close friends and I went to Mercer Kitchen for dinner last night. We had a late reservation, but the meal was amazing. I had some fish, an amazing molten chocolate cake, and a delicious blood orange mojito. It was a nice treat, and something I don't get the chance to do very often. I really do love a fancy dinner, and I feel quite posh and fabulous when out with my lovely ladyfriends.

So although there is no knitting progress tonight, sadly, I'll share pick of my second Cottage Sock in progress from a few days ago. I'm just starting the heel now, so a few hours of knitting time should knock this baby out.

I'm really looking forward to these cozy socks. They are so quick (well, as long as you are actually knitting them--doesn't count for when they sit in your knitting bag for a couple of months...). I think they are calling for some sort of embellishment on the calves--some embroidery, perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment