Sunday, December 03, 2006

looking forward to 2007

It's looking like 2007 is going to be a great year for knitting books! I'm particularly looking forward to these two pictured here.

Wenlan Chia of Twinkle is coming out with Big City Knits first in February. I LOVE the Twinkle clothing line, and some of her patterns have been published in Vogue Knitting in the past. I haven't actually tried any of them, but most are done with chunky yarn on large needles, and I like that. I saw some sort of style tv show last spring where she was interviewed, and it's obvious that she is crazy-prolific, and crazy-creative, but also keeps things light and fun.

I'm also looking forward to seeing Stefanie Japel's (who does the Glampyre blog) book, Fitted Knits—out in March. Stefanie always comes out with incredibly unique patterns and has interesting constructions that are insanely clever. From the description, it looks like there will also be some instruction on how to customize existing patterns to make well-fitted garments. I think that Stefanie mentioned on her blog that she will be able to post some images of some of the projects at some point soon, so keep your eyes peeled!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your compliment on my shawl!

    I, too am really looking foward to the fitted knits book... I want to see the front of that cover sweater!

    ReplyDelete