Thursday, November 30, 2006

sale shopping

Today I took the afternoon to check out the Liquidation sale at P&S fabrics. They'll be closing in a couple of weeks and I was hoping to stock up on a bunch of things for future projects.

Upon arriving, the was a line out the door, and they were only letting in a few people at a time to keep the inside of the store semi-sane. Which was a good move on their part —people could actually browse around without falling all over each other.

Yarn was only 10% off, so I didn't end up with as much of a haul as I thought I would. I bought a few balls of Sugar & Cream so I could do some projects out of Mason Dixon Knitting (love love love). I also purchased one skein of Lion Brand Wool-Ease Chunky so I could do a pair of Cottage Socks off of their website (I already have one ball stashed). They look so cozy.

Besides that, I made off with some buttons and some various notions, including replacement needles for my sewing machine (I managed to break a few a couple of weeks ago). I stocked up on some ironable hemming tape (HATE sewing hems!) and some waistband elastic for some easy skirts for next summer.

Anyways, a bit of a bummer about the yarn sale... I'm not sure they are going to put things on further closeout as they get toward the closing date. I suppose it will be worth keeping an eye on some of the messageboards to see what people say as the trickle through...

Oh, and whoever had the idea to invent children's shoes with squeeky toys in them should have evil things done to them for a very, very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment