Saturday, November 04, 2006

mistakes, failures, redemption

Ribby Cardi - RIP 2006
Fun to knit and I like the pattern, but I'm not sure what I was thinking of with this color combination. I should have just done something solid. I like the cardigan body, but not the ribbed sleeves, and I think I knit the whole thing a size too small anyways (um, reality check?). I'd rather use this yarn for something else. This used some of the Peruvian Highland Wool from Elann.

There was a knitalong for this sweater in it's heyday, though there doesn't seem to be much action over there these days. Some people came out with some cool sweaters, and Chicknits has a whole gallery of great-looking finished cardigans HERE.

So today is my Ribby Cardi's last day on earth. Bye Ribby Cardi!


To Dye For - RIP 2006
From Stitch 'N Bitch.

My first sweater ever.

I'm not precious with these things.

And my arms are not that long.

Frog Pond. Bye first sweater ever!

It's been real.








Cheesylove

I started Cheesylove last winter because I a) wanted to try doing a sweater in the round, and b) wanted to try my hand at intarsia. I was planning to frog it and recycle the yarn, but then my mom had to go and call it "beautiful." Moms are never wrong.

So now Cheesylove is back in play, and should be finished soon. I just have to do the sleeves and the rest of the finishing. I must say, it looks rather flattering on due to the the shapping and the ribbing - it is very well-fitted. Plus, I did this with Wool of the Andes and it is soooo soft and cuddly and comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment