Friday, November 24, 2006

Fetching, isn't it?

Completed in record time! (For me anyways). These were so easy to complete, and interesting enough to keep my attention for the few hours it took to knit them up. I did one on Tuesday, and the other I did yesterday while hanging out with my friends for Thanksgiving day.

Were I to do these again, I would probably pick a smaller gauge yarn, and knit both the wrist and finger openings a little longer, but these are still effective and comfortable, and I will enjoy wearing them


Project Details

Pattern: Fetching
Yarn: Knitpicks Swiss Superwash, Bordeauux
Needles: US 5 (knit in the round on 2 circs)
New Technique Learned: Cable Cast On

We had a blast on Thanksgiving. It was a bit of an orphan's Thanksgiving, as none of the six of us there had any family nearby or were able to travel to see our families for the holiday. Last year, we had a "dip" party with cheese and chocolate fondue. This year we had planned to do a non-traditional meal again, but the one couple joining us surprised us last minute by buying a whole turkey and mashed potatos. Traditional! It was a great meal, with a lot of laughter and wine, followed by about 900 games of Hoopla, which was hilarious - and even I, as a non-organized-game-lover had a great time. Thanksgiving ended at about 3am last night, after a second late-night dinner and yet one last bottle of wine.

Today it has been back to work - gotta find some design jobs!

No comments:

Post a Comment