Sunday, October 01, 2006

sleeve island

I'm so entirely stuck on sleeve island, it isn't even funny. I feel like I've been working on them forever, and they are the only thing standing in between me and a completed Turquoise Tunic. Gah. Baby steps... I wish I was one of those knitters who could have multiple knitting projects going, but I have enough projects going on in life filling my head that I can only manage one knitterly thing at a time. I'm about halfway up, but I expect it will take me at least a month to get that all done. It's high up on the goal list.

I've been stagnant on my knitting for a good reason, though. I've recently quit my full time job, and am trying to get set up as a freelance graphic designer. Smart people would probably done some background work while still employed, or at least saved up enough capitol to live off of while they get started. But not smartypants me! Oh no.

Things are not so bleak. It's all a good move for me, but it does hold a lot of stress, and a lot of work, and I have a hard time doing anything but research and job searching until I know I'm able to both eat and pay rent in the same month. I know it will all work out, but the future just looks a little fuzzy right now. It's all a part of developing to a new, and hopefully better, stage of life.

Good things ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment