Sunday, October 15, 2006

i'm a joiner

So I realized this morning that my first pair happens to come at the same time as Socktoberfest. I tend to not pay a lot of attention to the knitalongs unless it's for a particular pattern that I'm crazy about, and even at that I don't really tend to join. But it hasn't taken long for me to see that I will be jumping on the sock bandwagon full force.

Anyone who wants to join can also check out LollyKnitting Around for signup instructions.

My first foray into socks so far is going really well. I came home from a party last night and picked up the sock I started yesterday and knit for about an hour. I love that I can see progress right away, and that it moves along fairly quickly. I am almost at the heel already, after only a couple of hours.

But for now I am putting away the knitting and getting down to the real work. I'm trying to get ahead. Or at least stay afloat. More on that later, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment