Thursday, October 26, 2006

Finished Turquoise Tunic

I look awfully angry, but really, I'm just cold and trying not to look confused by my camera. And also trying to figure out if the construction guys who are doing the "Ha Ha!" like Nelson on The Simpsons are doing that to me because I'm fiddling with my camera so much while trying to figure out the timer and then walking back and forth like an idiot.

I finally finished seaming on the sleeve of this sweater this morning. The right arm took me 4 tries to finally get it right and comfortable. I think this came out looking pretty good! I'm still not in love with the color, but I guess it doesn't look too bad. For some reason it just reminds me of the early 90's and I feel like I should be wearing white shorts and some gold jewelry and have a really rockin' tan. My options are to Procion dye it a darker color (like a blue, or something else to interact with the Turquoise to mute it out a bit), or try to put it in a light bleach bath to draw out some of the color (trying on a swatch first, of course). I've never heard of anyone doing that before, though...

I haven't blocked it, but since it is cotton and machine washable, I think I'll just throw it in next time I go to do laundry. I think it will help the look of it a lot to even out the stitches and get it all in order. This took me ages to complete, but to my defense I was extremely sporadic about knitting, with weeks in between picking it up to work on. It is a cotton sweater, so it probably has passed the time I can wear it this year, but it will patiently wait for me until spring.





Project Details

Pattern: Turquoise Tunic from Rebecca 31
Yarn: Knitpicks Shine Sport in Turquoise
Needles: US 5 / US 7

6 comments:

  1. Came here from knittyboard - I think your sweater looks awesome! And I love the color, but then I love anything turquoise. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your sweater very much. I can see what you mean about the color but I think it's just Spring-ish. Just so you know, I've tried the bleach. BAD results. Over dying would be better bleach will totally ruin the yarn's texture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color, it's very flattering with your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogger is giving me a hard time leaving comments back on some of you guys' blogs, so I just wanted to say a proper "thank you!" for all your supportive comments.

    The turquoise is growing on me, so I think I will keep it :)

    -Monqiue

    ReplyDelete