Tuesday, August 15, 2006

yay for progress

I was stalled on fixing my decrease errors with the Turquoise Tunic for ages now. Something about ripping back on parts with partial lace just was so unappealing and I wasn't ever in the state of mind to tackle it. Little did I know the solution was much more simple than I thought. So tonight I've managed to rip back, fix the decreases, finish off both the front and back of the tunic, graft the shoulder seams, and weave in all the ends. Now all I have left are the sleees, which I will knit at the same time, and then the rest of the seaming.

Oh and the overdying. I'm not sure what color to add to get the effect I want. I guess I haven't pinpointed exactly what I want. All I know is the turquoise from Knit Picks isn't my favorite. I want to dull out the color a little bit - i don't know if adding some black would work, or perhaps some red to gear it towards more of a brownish color? I'll have to knit up some swatches and try out some stuff.

Here's some info on dying cotton on the knittyboard.

Now it's time to tackle my archive and decide what to knit next. Something for fall? Winter? Still enough time to do something for summer? An accessory?

No comments:

Post a Comment