Thursday, August 31, 2006

dreaming of forward motion

It's awfully frustrating to want to do some knitting work and not really having any time to fit it in. The past week has been one of the busiest I've had recently. And no, of course it's not all work-related. I just have so many damn talented friends that I have to go to their STUFF all the time! I'm kidding. I'm so happy to support them as much as I can, and in turn they help inspire me to work real hard at my STUFF too.

The other thing keeping me from the knitty goodness is that I'm starting to make some significant changes - mostly finding a new job. Sometimes I can just be chugging along day by day, and allofasudden I realize that I need a change. That too much time has gone by and I haven't made any major steps forward. A frustration and discord just starts to build until I pretty much blow my lid and make a sudden decision. But it's a necessary realization, because getting to such a point is the best way I'm able to make progress. It's just how I'm wired.

I would love to be in constant forward like some of my friends who I'm convinced must run on Enegizer batteries or nuclear power or candy corns. I think I'm more like Mario in the Donkey Kong days, waiting in place, jumping over barrels, until the perfect moment to climb up to the next plateau.

(okok, I know there's gotta be a better metaphor than that, but it's all I can come up with right now. I'll keep thinking about it...promise.)

Don't get me wrong. Things are going quite well, they're just BUSY! But I have managed to get a couple of my freelance projects wrapped up, which feels great. Now it is on to doing some design work for my portfolio, which is in major need of an overhaul, and has to be done FAST.

Anyways, the point of this mostly is to say that I'm TRYING to get some time in there for working on my sleeves for my lovely Turquoise Tunic - but it may just take a little bit of time to get any significant progress on it. Got some work on the sleeves done at last Friday's SnB, but it's barely made a dent. Arms are long! Oh well, wasn't it a creek that made the Grand Canyon?

No comments:

Post a Comment